In the center of Leskovac, in the part known as Široka čaršija, there is a building with a clear European influence – Kaloderma Palace. This building was named after a cosmetic product produced by the Kaloderma soap, perfume and cosmetics factory, which consisted of gelatin, honey, glycerin, water and perfume. The palace dates back to the period of the Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes and was built in the period from 1926 to 1927 as the administrative and production building of the aforementioned factory. It was designed by an architect whose name is unknown, and built by the Vlajčić brothers – Todor, Petar and Milan, sons of the factory’s founder, Jovan Vlajčić. After the Second World War, the building housed the “Nevena” factory, and later a reading room and a shop. Since 1981, the building has served as the “Žika Ilić Žuti” Youth Culture Center, then as the Leskovac Culture Center, and since 2002 it has been used as the Leskovac Cultural Center.
#palatakaloderma #arhitektura #leskovac #sharebalkan