Equestrian club Dubočica was founded in 1933 in Leskovac as KK Dubočica. Although the first indications for the establishment of the club were in 1924, the club was officially founded in 1933. At the moment, there are about 30 first-class cattle in the club, including trotters.
The Leskovac Racecourse, located in the immediate vicinity of Aerodrom Mira, is the only racecourse from Požarevac to the Macedonian border. The hippodrome covers an area of 28 hectares, and according to experts, it is one of the best hippodrome tracks in Serbia.
Since 1966, the horse race of the town of Leskovac has traditionally been organized on the occasion of October 11, the day of the city’s liberation.
The management of the Leskovac “Dubočica” riders’ circle, elected at the Founding Assembly on July 30, 1933, consisted of 11 members headed by Mihajlo “Miko” Maznić, a pharmacist. One of the greatest successes was achieved by Tihomir Ilić, an industrialist, and Mihajlo Maznić, a pharmacist, well-known breeders of sport dogs from Leskovac. They won the first two places at the equestrian races in Nis.
The first equestrian races in Leskovac were held on April 15, 1935, and aroused the interest of the entire area, so that the number of spectators present was a record for Leskovac to this day.
The Dubočica Equestrian Club is one of the oldest clubs of its kind in Serbia and is an important place for holding sports competitions in this area.#konjickiklub
#kkdubocica #jahanje #leskovac #sport #sharebalkan